|Submitted: Feb 4 2007|
Updated: Feb 24 2013
QTGZManager is a T?Z package management application that uses standard pkgtools (present in any Slackware based system) to manage the software in the OS. It provides an easy to use four pane view (directories, packages in the selected dir, installed packages in the system and package actions), drag and drop and context menu support. It also uses kdesu/gksu/ktsuss to ask for root credentials when needed.
Needs QT4.5.x libs.
1.0 -> 1.0.1
- Changed default Slackware mirror to http://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/ (in a patch submitted by Robby Workman. Thanks Robby!);
- Changed the close button of the firefox-like searchbar to the leftmost position;
- From now on, QTGZManager is also available at slackbuilds.org.
RC2 -> 1.0
- Fixed application exit while mainwindow was hidden and user was asked if he/she wanted to download new patches;
- QTGZ can now open files which were removed from installed packages;
- Added txz2sb (Ctrl+L) support when using QTGZ under Slax;
- Changed patch’s download directory to /tmp;
RC1 -> RC2
- Fixed crash when a malformed package was detected;
- Added support for TDE - Trinity Desktop Environment;
- Warns users if the program needs restart, based on changes in Options/Setup;
- User defined mirrors can be added just editing ~/.config /QTGZManager/mirrors file;
- ARM mirrors appear only when using Slackwarearm distro;
- Checking Slackware patches now outputs status against number of patches available;
- Window Close button now quits QTGZ by default. Previous hiding behavior can be configured using Options/Setup;
Beta6 -> RC1
- Reworked logic in package version recognition algorithm which makes it faster and more accurate (thanks to Arch's pacman code);
- New icon for different architecture packages;
- Better looking filter and search buttons;
- Firefox-like search bar for text highlight search in html content (help, patches and diffs);
- Now QTGZManager pops up if you try to exec another copy;
- Option to rename selected directory pressing F2;
- Option to hide status bar;
- Option to cut/copy and paste packages;
- Option to choose user's prefered privilege escalation tool;
- Option to use silent output during action execution (do not output pkgtool's verbosity-improves UI responsiveness);
- Option to automatically check for new Slackware patches at startup;
- Option to stop the Slackware patch checking, just pressing Ctrl+P again;
- Tabs are now movable;
- Refactored color layout enables using dark Qt4 themes;
- Updated help usage information (F1);
- Added support for the Mate desktop (Gnome 2 fork);
- Many bug fixes;
- Revised translations (although Farsi is lacking a mantainer);
Beta5 -> Beta6
- Download official Slackware patches just pressing Ctrl+P;
- Support LXDE Desktop Environment;
- Open files of non-installed packages;
- Has a config dialog box to change some options;
- Sport some changes in the main interface: fonts, icons, style sheets and tooltips;
- Open snapshot files, showing changes in installed packages since them;
- Support the unofficial SPKG tool for package management (it is a faster pkgtool alternative written in C).
Beta4 -> Beta5
- Reworked interface: gets a menubar, minimizes unused spaces and remembers your preferences;
- Compatible with Slackware 13.0 TXZ packages;
- Reworked package recognition algorithm recognizes the package status instantaneously;
- Find a package in your system just pressing Ctrl+K;
- Find files on package content you've just opened;
- Set a default directory to be selected every time you launch the application;
- Make QTGZ starts hidden, enabling your window manager to automatically launch it without messing your desktop;
- Among many bug fixes...
Beta3.1 -> Beta4
**Beta4 NEEDS Qt 4.4.x installed!
- Filter packages in the selected directory with hit/miss color feedback
- Ctrl + and Ctrl - respectively increases and decreases the font size of package lists
- Selected directory's name is shown on the top of the first pane
- Reworked About box
- More view arrangements through four view buttons
- Open konsole (F4) to work on the selected directory
- New Directory TreeView, based on QFileSystemModel (a new and very fast threaded model from Qt 4.4.x which is also inotify aware)
- Package information is showed as a tooltip when the mouse is over the package lists
- The "Find a file" search is now handled in another thread which means it can be stopped and no more freezes the GUI
- Take a snapshot of your installed package list for future diffs or whatever you want to
Beta3 -> Beta3.1
Important bug fixes.
Beta2r2 -> Beta3
Thanks to the community support, here comes a delayed but very consistent new version of QTGZManager. Enjoy!
- Many bug fixes and interesting new features. Visit the website for detailed information.
AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH: Andrea Sciucca and Manfred Mueller for your feedback and work with the translation files.
Beta2 -> Beta2r2
- Add Italian translation - THANKS to Andrea Sciucca (www.slacky.eu)
- Add German translation - THANKS to Manfred Mueller (www.live-modules.org)
Beta1r2 -> Beta2
- Linked against QT 4.2.3
- Fix package recognition algorithm
- Add translation support (for now only pt_BR). To use it, just "export LANG=pt_BR" in bash_profile or alike.
- New option to view package information in the context menu (the same as F8)
- Add package content view option
- Add diff between package contents option
- Fix output tab for the site url to work
- Add a button and context menu options to close the current tab and all tabs
- Add new application icon, to make the application more Slackware-like :-)
- Add option to navigate and select packages with keyboard (and see the changes in the installed packages view)
- Add a toolbar with some useful commands (maximize lower view, hide installed packages view, execute actions, refresh package lists and close)
Beta1 -> Beta1r2
- Add package reinstall option
- Fix package recognition algorithm
- Reworked About Dialog
- Fix context menus when more than one package selected
- Confirm exit when pending actions
- Add html output on "package action output"