Cantata is a (yet another!) client for the music player daemon (MPD). Originally started as a fork of QtMPC, the code is now *very* different. Cantata can be compiled with KDE support, or as a pure Qt4 application. The interface is very configurable - most views can be shown as either a list or tree structure.
Currently Cantata has the following views:
1. Library - sorted as Album Artist (or Artist if Album Artist not set), Album, and finally Track.
2. Albums - displays albums as icons, sorted by their title.
3. Folders - displays MPDs virtual filesystem. (This view is hidden by default)
5. Dynamic - dynamic playlists
6. Streams - allows saving of internet radio URLs, searching for stations via TuneIn or ShoutCast, station listings from; Digitally Imported (+Sky, JazzRadio, RockRadio), TuneIn, IceCast, ShoutCast, SomaFM, etc.
7. Online - Jamendo, Magnatune, SoundCloud, and Podcasts
8. Devices - enables copying from/to USB-Mass-Storage (UMS) and MTP devices, and ripping AudioCDs
The sidebar has a context menu, allowing you to control its style and what items are shown.
Refer to http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Client:Cantata, and https://cantata.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/README, for further information.
1. Fix adding songs to playqueue with priority when playqueue is not empty.
2. When loading covers, if load fails, check to see if this is because of an incorrect extension. e.g. load a .jpg file with PNG type, and vice versa.
3. Fix showing of time-slider when Cantata is started minimized to system tray and MPD is playing.
4. Remove unused 'Back' action.
5. Don't treat albums with artists such as 'AlbumArtist ft Other' as multiple artist albums.
6. Fix updating of playqueue sidebar tooltip and icon.
7. Add playqueue action to main window, so that shortcut works.
8. When using track organizer, also try to move artist images, backdrop images, and playlist files.
9. After altering filename scheme from track organizer, save settings.
10. Don't set year or disc in tag editor for 'All Tracks' unless they are non zero.
11. In tag-editor, when obtaining values to use for 'All Tracks' entry, don't ignore empty fields.
12. When determining album year, ignore playlist files!
13. If MPD database is refreshed whilst listview is not at top level, then reset view to top level.
14. When TrackOrganizer is called after TagEditor, only perform MPD update once.
15. When editing filename scheme, after inserting a variable set cursor position to after newly inserted text and give focus back to line edit.
1. If Cantata is started whilst an instance is also running, raise window of current instance. (Linux only fix)
2. Add song to playqueue from albums page when double-clicked.
3. Fix display of online-service track album-artist in copy dialog.
4. Ensure library is loaded the very first time Cantata is run (ie. after connected to MPD via initial settings wizard).
5. When song is updated in context view, abort any current network jobs.
6. Fix expand all / collapse all actions. Expand all will only expand 1 level for main browsers.
7. When reading lines from user mpd.conf file, read as utf-8.
8. Reset devices and online-services models when artist-view cover size changes.
9. If downloading online-service track listing fails, then stop loader and show error.
10. Use new location of Jamendo DB listing.
1. In cover/artist dialog, when attempting to save an image into Cantata's cache folder - ensure the 'covers' sub-folder is created.
2. When saving artist image from cover dialog, if set to save in MPD folder and song's path does not have 2 folder elements then save in cache folder. Cantata will only save artist images, and backdrops, in MPD folder if the folder structure is (e.g.) Artist/Album/Track.mp3
3. Use case-insensitive sort of folder view items when adding to playqueue.
4. When determining the 'basic' artist of a track, if albumartist is set and artist is not, then use albumartist.
5. For the web-links in the context view, replace ampersand and question mark characters in artist names with the relevant URL encoding.
6. Use CMake to locate X11 libraries and headers.
7. Set minimum size for initial settings wizard.
8. If buddy of a checkbox or radio is clicked, then toggle check or radio.
9. Disable context-view cancel actions until a job is created.
10. When searching models, also search composer field.
11. Fix enabling of "Initially collapse albums" in playlists settings tab.
12. Fix grouped playlist view initial state when set to initially collapse albums.
13. Fix calculating size of song files when copying off a device that has been previously scanned, and its contents cached.
14. When copying from a CD, check that we have enough space for track that was encoded with a 1:18 ratio. Just a sanity check really.
15. Fix song notification mem-leak (Linux only).
16. When transitioning between backdrops in cover view, draw old at correct position.
17. Dont load library twice at start-up when cache has been deleted current tab is artists or albums.
1. Fix collapsed context-view selector buttons text when using a dark background.
2. Apply some Fedora patches.
3. Fix MPD HTTP stream playback.
4. Fix painting of Gtk thin scrollbar style on comboboxes.
5. When waiting for replies from MPD, use Qt's standard timeout value of 30s. While the socket is still connected, Cantata will wait up to 4 times the timeout value. Therefore, the actual timeout has increased to 2minutes!
6. If a sidebar view has focus, but sidebar is collapsed, then find action should activate playqueue search widget.
7. FreeBSD 10 compile fixes.
8. Fix scaling of context view background when size of view changes.
9. Elide text of context view selector buttons, if insufficient space.
10. Only show mopidy note in copy/remove dialog if connected to mopidy.
11. Fix broken en_GB translation.
12. Fix folder-view path parsing. If two folders only differed in the last character then Cantata would have placed the contents of the second into the listing of the first.
13. Explicitly link to pthread.
14. Do not allow 'auto-hide sidebar' and 'playqueue in sidebar' to be active at the same time.
1. Fix duplicate translations - causes KDE builds to fail.
Main new features in this release:
1. Basic undo/redo for playqueue.
2. Search tab - searches performed via MPD. This tab is hidden by default.
3. Optionally cache scaled covers, to improve loading of albums view. (Displaying of covers should be faster after 1st run, when the scaled contents are saved)
4. Only start internal HTTP server when required, and stop after last non-MPD track removed from playqueue.
5. If listallinfo fails then use lsinfo recursively to retrieve the music collection. listallinfo requires more memory with MPD 0.18, and has been reported to fail for large collections.
6. Cache folder listing (as per music collection), if folders view is used.
7. Better support for Mopidy (requires Mopidy 0.18, or newer)