|Downloads: 34030||Submitted: Dec 12 2010|
Updated: Apr 10 2014
Oxygen-Gtk is a port of the default KDE widget theme (Oxygen), to gtk.
Its primary goal is to ensure visual consistency between gtk and qt-based applications running under kde. A secondary objective is to also have a stand-alone nice looking gtk theme that would behave well on other Desktop Environments.
Unlike other attempts made to port the kde oxygen theme to gtk, this attempt does not depend on Qt (via some Qt to Gtk conversion engine), nor does render the widget appearance via hard coded pixmaps, which otherwise breaks everytime some setting is changed in kde.
- tarballs are hosted on kde ftp servers
- git repository is hosted at https://projects.kde.org
- First link point to a tarball of the official 1.0 release
- Second link point to a tarball of the official 1.1 release
- Third link point to the git repository. For the GTK 2.x version, one can get the latest sources from master branch using
git clone git://anongit.kde.org/oxygen-gtk
and from the GTK 3.x version, using
git clone -b gtk3 git://anongit.kde.org/oxygen-gtk
- See the INSTALL file in the top-level directory.
- You will likely need gtk+2.0 dev packages, as well as Cairo
- Ruslan Kabatsayev
- Cédric Bellegarde
We plan to follow the same release schedule as KDE:
- one minor bug-fixing release every month;
- one major feature release every six month.
See the README file in the top-level directory, for a list of possible issues with the style.
Bugs and feature requests can be sent to KDE bug tracking system (https://bugs.kde.org/). You would need to select Product=Oxygen, and Component=gtk-engine
oxygen-gtk2 - version 1.4.5
oxygen-gtk3 - version 1.3.5
Improvements include, for gtk2:
- background and shadows in libreoffice
- improved detection of empty areas for window dragging
- fix bluring behind tooltips in KDE on 64 bits machines
- fix calculation of the tabs area
- made more widgets 'transparent' via css, to get the proper background gradient behind
- fix crash with menubar animations when invalid menubar was passed
- fixed updates for treeviews embedded in scrolled-windows
- added (still not perfect) support for firefox compiled against gtk3
oxygen-gtk2 - version 1.4.4
oxygen-gtk3 - version 1.3.4
These releases where not announced becaues a bug sneaked in just before release that was causing libreoffice to crash and was also affecting the gtk3 version.
oxygen-gtk2 - version 1.4.3
oxygen-gtk3 - version 1.3.3
Fixes a compilation problem with oxygen-gtk-demo and oxygen-gtk3-demo
oxygen-gtk2 - version 1.4.2
oxygen-gtk3 - version 1.3.2
oxygen-gtk3 - version 1.2.2
- serious crash in many application like eclipse, libreoffice and other, when mouse-over toolbars and menus.
- rendering issues with gtk3 applications especially under gnome-shell
Also: we added an "information" tab to both oxygen-gtk-demo and oxygen-gtk3-demo to provide software versions.
oxygen-gtk3 - version 1.3.1
Emergency bugfix release due to a crash condition that sneaked in the gtk3-1.3.0 release
oxygen-gtk3 - version 1.3.0
New feature release.
No real feature added, except support for the (heavily changed) gtk3-3.10 version. New widgets have been added, and quite some method calls have been deprecated.
We cannot guarantee that this version with work with older releases of gtk3.
oxygen-gtk2 - version 1.4.1
oxygen-gtk3 - version 1.2.1
New bug fix release.
- mark zotero as XUL application
- fix some antialias issue on sliders
- some improvement on inner-shadows
- some extra checks on widgets validity to prevent runtime warnings
- some rendering improvements for instance regarding scrollbars and textviews
oxygen-gtk2 - version 1.4.0
oxygen-gtk3 - version 1.2.0
New feature release of oxygen-gtk2 and oxygen-gtk3. These releases can be compiled and used on non-linux platform (e.g. Windows(r)), and, for the gtk3 version, can run on non X11 backend (e.g. Broadway).
They also include the usual amount of minor bugfixes.
[rest of the back logs, related to the gtk2-1.3 and gtk3-1.1 series have been removed to keep this page clean]