|Submitted: Jul 28 2011|
Updated: Apr 17 2013
Build your personal cross stitches.
This tool allows you to make your own unique cross stitch scheme from custom image. You can resize and rotate image, reduce the number of colors, change image palette, make cross stitch scheme, preview it, save and print. Cross stitch scheme edition available: colors and icons changing, new color addition, color fill, scheme pixel draw, lines and half-stitches.
1. Input images: BMP, GIF, ICO, JPEG, JPG, MNG, PBM, PGM, PNG, PPM, SVG, TIF, TIFF, XBM, XPM.
2. Output cross stitch scheme: BMP, ICO, JPEG, JPG, PNG, PPM, TIF, TIFF, XBM, XPM, PDF, CST (crosti scheme text file).
At the program first start use wizard to create your first cross stitch scheme.
There is 3 steps to convert picture to cross stitch scheme:
1. Open image.
2. Reduce image resolution and the number of colors. Press F5, and you'll see panel with all you need to do it.
3. Seek button "Make scheme" on the panel you just opened and press it.
Video guide (crosti v.1.3.0 and below): http://youtu.be/tskxVAZS7Uc
New features (crosti v.1.3.0 and above): http://youtu.be/9JQqdH06fr4
Color guessing comparsion: http://sourceforge.net/projects/crosti/files/crosti_v1.4-1.5_color_guess_comparsion.gif/download
* Only DMC color palette supported for now. If you need another color palette you have to replace crosti/system/colors.csc file.
* Use Qt 4.8.3 and above to make crosti from source, otherwise you may encounter jpg/jpeg image saving bug.
* crosti v.1.7.1: Annoying crash present on Windows systems when you try to fill large area with color. Save often.
* crosti v.1.5.1 and below: On Linux system use "crosti -graphicssystem raster" command line to start crosti. It will increase crosti perfomance significantly.
* crosti v.1.5.1 and below: If you have problem with language, put crosti executable file in the crosti dir and run: crosti -l_en.
The Os/2 port was done by:
The Archlinux port was done by:
* Minimap is active now! Click on minimap to change viewport position.
* Show background colors feature added to Tools->Color.
* Image filters tweaked.
* Image filtering speed increased significantly.
* Motion blur filter added.
* deb and rpm packages compatibility increased.
* Fixed jpg/jpeg image saving issue (if you install crosti via deb, rpm or exe).
* Create cross stitches strategically: minimap feature added.
* Minimap rectangle color setting added to program settings window.
* Minor ui tweaks.
* Fixed preview window size for big images.
* Fixed rare window icons bug.
* Fixed color icons glitch when message "Impossible to convert or find all colors!" received.
* Fixed crash when you attemp to fill large area with color (appear on Windows systems).
* Fixed "Save before proceeding?" dialog behaviour.
* Delete color from palette button behavior changed - now it fills pixels of selected color with background color and removes lines of selected color.
* Added quick keys Ctrl +, Ctrl -, Ctrl 0 and Ctrl mousewheel to scaling control.
* Save button added to File menu to quick save cross stitch scheme.
* Export button added to File menu (acts like old Save button).
* Faster Fill tool.
* Fixed Fill tool glitches.
* Fixed rare save scheme crash if scheme less than 20 pixels.
* Better color guessing (K-means clustering algorithm used).
* Added slight randomicity in color guessing so you can recreate cross stitch scheme with slight different colors if you wish.
* Cross stitch scheme background color feature added.
* Faster image scaling.
* Added imperial and metric system selection.
* Transparent color converts in white color now.
* Minor ui changings.
* Out of memory exception hadlind to improve stability.
* Many other improvements to the good.
* Fixed cross stitch scheme preview (and saving as image) error.
* Fixed palette color count update after undo/redo.
* Fixed crush if no clpics present in crosti/system/clpics folder.
* Fixed on exit crush on Linux systems.
* deb and rpm packages now available.
* Scheme rendering speed increased twice.
* Cross stitch creation speed increased.
* Last used folders tracking.
* Visit website menu action added.
* Folder crosti/system/temp omitted.
* Array indexes revised to improve stability.
* Increased compatibility to Linux systems.
* Source code language set to english (except comments).
* Russian translation added.
* Fixed minor image printing issues.
* GIF, ICO, JPEG, MNG, PBM, PGM, PNG, PPM, SVG, TIF, TIFF, XBM, XPM image open feature added.
* ICO, JPEG, PNG, PPM, TIF, TIFF, XBM, XPM image save feature added.
* Fixed full screen preview glitch that grabs keyboard input forever.
* Fixed input image representation glitch that draws blank areas on the image from time to time.
* Line tool addded.
* Stitch type tool added.
* Image rotation feature added.
* Better color selection for a low color palettes.
* Show pics and Grid tools user interface changed.
* Minor ui improvements.
* Fixed crash when add sprite to scheme with Pen tool after color addition with Palette tool and no color Pic selected.
* Fixed crash when fill scheme area with Fill tool after color addition with Palette tool and no color Pic selected.
* Fixed crash when scheme square changed with Grid tool after color addition with Palette tool and no color Pic selected.
* Fixed dock widgets position save/restore.
* Fixed scheme save as image issue.
* Fixed scheme preview (and save as image) issue when scale isn't 100%.
* Fixed history navigation error.
* Minor ui fixes.
* History and Tool source code refactored.
* Memory management improved - less memory usage.
* Image convertion speed increased (almost on the fly).
* Scheme opening (and making) speed increased (almost on the fly).
* Scheme square resizing on the fly.
* Clear cross stitch button added.
* Scheme tool window omitted.
* Convert button omitted.
* Fixed a lot of bugs related to big schemes and images.
* Fixed crash when opening (or making) scheme bigger than 1000x1000 squares.
* Fixed crashes related to insufficient memory.
* Fixed crash when clicked just outside the scheme.
* Added possibility to append and remove colors (palette tool).
* Color selection added (palette tool).
* Preview button added (main menu).
* Fill button added (tools).
* Pen tool improved.
* Show color tool improved.
* History mechanism upgraded.
* Sprite selection and manipulation speed increased.
* Some color pictograms improved for better scaling.
* Minor ui changes.
* Fixed a lot of old bugs.
* Source code cleared.
* Fixed pen tool bug after color pictogram change (palette tool) and pipette color selection.
* Scheme wizard added.
* You can use command "crosti FILENAME" to open FILENAME with crosti (*.bmp, *.jpg, *.cst files supported).
* Now you can use "Open with..." command to open *.bmp, *.jpg and *.cst files with crosti.
* Further image convertion speed increase.
* Minor interface improvements.
* Memory leaks problem solved.
* File colors.csv renamed to colors.csc
* Fixed bug with a view of the updated color pictograms at the scheme (palette tool, scheme window).
* Fixed crush when you change the color pictogram if no free pictogram left (palette tool).
* Fixed bug with changing color pictograms (palette tool).
* Fixed errors in colors.csc
* Fixed minor interface bugs.
* Some source code cleanings.
* Image convertion speed increased (about 5 times).
* Added option to save files in PDF (requested by http://qt-apps.org/usermanager/search.php?username=3electrons).
* Font selection at first start up omitted.
* Major bugs fixed.
* Language selection added.
* English translation added.
* Simple cross stitch editor added.
Initial working version.