A Lightweight Music Player for GNU/Linux, based on Gtk, sqlite, and completely written in C, constructed to be fast, light, and simultaneously complete without obstructing the daily work.
Some of the features are:
* Full integration with GTK+2, and GTK+3
support, but always completely independent of gnome or xfce.
* Two panel desing inspired on Amarok 1.4. Library and current playlist.
* Library with multiple views, according tags or folder structure.
* Search, filtering and queue songs on current playlist.
* Playing and edit tag of mp3, m4a, ogg, flac, asf, wma, and ape files. Limited
only by codecs installed and taglib version used.
* Playlist management. Exporting M3U and read M3U, PLS, XSPF and WAX playlists.
* Play audio CDs and identifies this with CDDB.
* Playback control with command line and MPRIS2.
* Native desktop notifications with libnotify.
* gtk+-2.0 >= 2.24, glib-2.0 >= 2.28, dbus-1 >= 1.1, dbus-glib-1 >= 0.84.
* gstreamer-0.10 >= 0.10, gstreamer-base-0.10 >= 0.10.
* libcdio >= 0.80, libcdio_paranoia >= 0.80, libcddb >= 1.3.0.
* taglib >= 1.4.
* libnotify >= 0.4.4
* libclastfm >= 0.5: Scrobbling, love, unlove song, and append similar song to
get related playlists.
* libglyr >= 0.9.0: Get lyrics and artist bio over many internet services, and
download missing album cover art from Last.fm.
* libxfce4ui => 4.8.0: Better session managament support. Save the current
playlist, last posicion when save session, etc.
* libkeybinder >= 0.2.2: Use multimedia keys to control pragha. Without this
pragha is compiled to support gnome media keys.
* totem-plparser >= 2.26: Support to open many more format and internet radios
* gstreamer-plugins-base-devel >= 0.10: Use cubic volume to a better control of
Build options: For compatibility are disabled by default, but are perfectly stable.
* To compile with GTK+3, you must configure the compilation as: ./configure --with-gtk3
* To compile with gstreamer1, you must configure the compilation as: ./configure --with-gstreamer=1.0
Note: Pragha now is hosted in github, together with dissonance (Pragha but based on original consonance audio engine) and xfce4-soundmemu-plugin.
Fork/Pull/Push and comment here: https://github.com/matiasdelellis
Note:(19/02/2013) Github remove the downloads tab.. so move the downloads to google code provisionally.
You can be found the tarball temporarily here: http://code.google.com/p/dissonance/downloads/list
* Improved indexing of the library. Also allows continue listening music while analyzing. 
* The database uses prepared statements, improving the general performance of Pragha.
* A general cleaning of the code, but there is much to be done.
- First rewrites using GObjects as PraghaBackend, PraghaAlbumArt, PraghaMusicobject, PraghaPreferences, PraghaDatabase, and PraghaStatusbar.
- Many other rewrites as PraghaLibraryPane and PraghaPlaylist.
- Many changes to work with threads safes.
* Now add, remove or rename playlist and radios is super fast.
* Now select the content of the "Track No" and "Year" in "Edit tags" window after focusing or clicking into them.
* Now you can drag songs from the library to any file manager to copy or burn with brasero.
* Now you can add playlists using command line or file managers.
* Save and restore menu accelerators edited.
* Now whenever you add songs, select the first song added.
* Translations: use intltool for desktop file
Bugs fixed: (Sumary: The most relevant to the user.)
* Try to fix issue #46: Header moved location in libcdio-paranoia-0.90. 
* Update Autotools, and fix a warning when use autogen.sh due to cdda.h
* glyr-related.c: Use lang autodetection to get artist bio. See issue #39
* mpris: fix problems with long tracks
* translations: fix plural forms
* gtk3: fix minor bugs
* add workaround for crash in taglib
* fix a deadlock on adding to current playlist
* Update Czech translation thanks to anespor, and petr.simacek.
* Update Dutch translation thanks to Vistaus.
* Update German translation thanks to cwickert.
* Update Hungarian translation thanks to Polesz.
* Update Portuguese translation thanks to smarquespt.
* Update Portuguese (Brazil) translation thanks to rafaelff1.
* Update Russian translation thanks to Lazy_Kent, and 4glitch.
* Update Turkish translation thanks to fatihmalakci, necdetyucel, and emfi.
* Update Ukrainian translation thanks to paul.rufous.
 Sorry, but also adds a regression. Stop importing playlists.
 To compile whith libcdio >= 0.90, have to comment the line 23 of pragha.h